Friday 29 September 2017

catsaway ... dancing with Parkinson's


Disclaimer: these videos were made to show my doctors what I can do as a person living with Parkinson’s, not as a dancer or vidéographe… (sound isnt necessary)

As a former media artist, infrequent, malgré moi, blogger, and general perfectionist when it comes to creation, it breaks my heart (add this to my list of recent broken-heartednesses) to put out into the world unedited video with no thought to “set” or “costume” design.

I’m going to attempt to make one asap when I will be in good shape and in the presence of my one private care aide (they are called companions in official parlance, but it doesn’t do justice to their hard work) who can film and transfer the videos to YouTube… (I’m not equipped to do it...).

Dancing
Aug. 21, 2017

Dancing for my Doctors
Sept. 5, 2017
Dancing on 4 hours of sleep before 2 back-to-back doctor's appointments... (that`s a big day for me) I think they might`ve been impressed.

>> More dancing
Sept. 9, 2017
not so tired... better dancing


Upper body exercises (in spite of dyskinesia)
Sept. 20, 2017



Dancing (1st 4 minutes :some of my habitual prepartion exercises before getting up if i have been lying down too long  - more than 30 mins. The 
morning routine begins with baby powder applied to my butt to unstick me from the horrible soaker pad one must have on the sheets on the bed to protect the manditory rubber mattress cover from that which the "pad" - adult diaper - can not)
Sept. 20. 2017